Monday, August 23, 2010

Travelling with the Wind - by Valaree Muir Weiss

I like to think that when the wind blows across my ear it whispers my name and then calls to me
to come follow it on an adventure. On a hot summer day like today when all the woods around
me are silent, I can hear the highway in a distance and my mind wanders thinking of all the
places I would like to go. The sounds around me become familiar as they echo their way across
the water and through the timberland to where I am standing and my mind becomes confused.
There are so many places I want to go, so many places I want to see. A small breeze touches my
arm, reminding me I need to go, but a quick glance at my watch tells me it's late. So today, I will
allow myself to dream and just take a short walk. I will write my dreams in pen and on paper
when I get back; I will give myself directions to follow and I will travel with the wind. by Valaree Muir Weiss