Monday, October 4, 2010

Wallflowers

Wallflowers are usually hidden along the garden wall filling in space adding

height and interest to the garden layout. There are flowers of every shape and

color in front of them and along side of them that seem to attract all the

attention. The wallflower stands alone or in clusters with other wallflowers,

quietly observing all that goes on around them. Wallflowers usually know

all the good and bad about all the other variety of flowers in the garden,

but won't say a thing, because they are shy and respectful. Most

wallflowers blend into the wall and won't be seen because of their quiet

nature, most are ignored until someone walks up closer and takes a look

at the wallflowers real beauty, most of it's beauty is hidden

and has to be drawn out. When given the chance a wall flower will bloom

beyond it's wall and to areas unknown and other flowers from the garden

are surprised. I am one of those wallflowers, not only am I shy but I used

to be thin and willowy, but years have pass and I have gained weight causing

me to feel socially awkward. I went to a reunion and I had fun catching up

with a few friends and chatting, but I stayed along the wall hiding, but deep

down inside of me I wanted out and I wanted to be friends with everyone.

I was determined, so I read articles on being mature and dating, yes even

though I am married and I wanted to feel attractive. I was amazed to read

that size isn't an issue, but being friendly is, wearing attractive clothing, not

expensive but something besides blue jeans and t-shirts, nice clean fingernails

and nice clean simple haircut will do wonders. If I had to write between the

lines, basically how you really feel about yourself is how you present yourself,

you don't have to wear designer clothes to look nice. So I gave it a try, first it

was having my nails done, I was amazed when others noticed, then it was

the hair and boy was I surprised at the compliments I received. Slowly

I've been emerging, in all honesty, I don't think it's the clothes or the

hairdo, it's the confidence that's been expanded by all of it and the

real me that's been blossoming a little bit further away from the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment